The Anti-Death Penalty Asia Network is a regional network of organisations and individuals committed to working towards abolition of the death penalty in the Asia Pacific.
Our Vision: A death penalty free Asia Pacific
Our role is to create wider societal support for abolition of the death penalty in the Asia Pacific region through advocacy, education and network building.
- Build awareness in the Asia Pacific region about the social, legal and political dimensions of the death penalty
- Take urgent action to support death row defendants and their families
- Providing legal support to death row defendants and their families which may include:
- Legal research and support to local team/representative
- Local and international media campaign
- Advocacy and campaign on clemency
- Conduct research to build an evidence based on the death penalty
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build strategic networks and alliances against the death penalty
- Ensure ADPAN’s organisational sustainability